Thursday, May 8, 2014

About Me

My name is Firas Rabi. I've been a pediatrician since I completed training in New York City in 2005. Since then, I've completed a fellowship in pediatric critical care and have served on regional as well as national committees to advance the field of pediatrics. My forte is teaching and for a long time I enjoyed teaching medical students, residents, and fellows how to recognize severe illnesses and the various approaches of treatment based on the underlying physiology. My interaction with patients was intense was relatively short-term and I soon longed to return to the roots of pediatrics - the care of children and being a part of their life as they grow up.

That's why I have recently turned my attention to practicing pediatrics and teaching parents and children how to maintain their health. The satisfaction of being a long-term part of a child's health, growth, and development is incomparable.

I've taken a particular interest in helping children with learning difficulties, particularly those with attention deficit [and hyperactivity] disorder (ADD and ADHD). The goal of this blog is to chronicle the new developments in the diagnosis and treatment of ADD and ADHD. It is not my intent to provide medical advice, because only your (or your child's doctor) should do so. However, I would like to hear the stories of parents who have raised a child with ADHD, and it would be great to hear stories from people with ADHD themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment